Since its first planting, the White House Kitchen Garden has sparked a new conversation about nutrition and our children’s health. In American Grown, First Lady Michelle Obama tells the story of the White House Kitchen Garden, celebrates the bounty of gardens across our nation, and reminds us all of what we can grow together.
Setting a new standard for illustrated eBooks, American Grown offers a beautifully designed and screen-optimized layout for color devices that takes advantage of the best features of each device.
This eBook offers new ways to experience more of the White House Kitchen Garden with features that include:
· Even more lush photography and historical images
· Timeline of the White House grounds through the years
· Delicious recipes not found in the physical book
· Tips for healthy living, including information on creating nutritious meals on a budget and ways to increase the fruits and veggies in your diet
· Helpful tips for gardeners including composting, a starter kit, and seasonal to-do lists
· A satellite view of the White House Garden
· A section for families with a bio of Bo, additional photographs, details on easy plants for kids to grow, and great snacks
The cutting-edge experience provided by the iBooks edition of the American Grown eBook also includes:
· Exclusive video of First Lady Michelle Obama
· Bonus information on the White House honey harvest
· An interactive satellite view of the White House Garden
· Interactive seasonal garden plans that show what is growing in each bed
· A special section for families, including a “Bo’s Vegetable Quiz” game and a puzzle game
Note: There may be differences in the reading experience depending on your eReading device. Please note the interactive elements of the extra content and videos are only supported by the iPad in iBooks 2.